Well, not much to report on this weekend. Which is a definite change because I think I counted that six of the past eight weekends have been busy with friends, family, and/or road trips. Not that I’m complaining, I like being busy and visiting and sightseeing and adding steps to my pedometer (yes, I usually do break 10,000). Although today I will probably only break 5,000 steps. It’s hot, humid, and rainy, which is a lethal combination for motivating any type of movement. We didn’t get up until after 10am and then we made our way to Bennigan’s because of a coupon we received in the mail. Wasn’t bad, we have another coupon so we just might go again. Then we were going to go on boat ride that shows you the different sights along the Schuylkill River (pronounced "SKOO-kull"). D gets a list of local events emailed to him from PhillyFunGuide.com’s FunSavers Club. There are tons of things going on in Philly on any given day and this allows you to get half price on any of them. Doesn’t that sound like a Dave thing? I wouldn’t know something like that existed, nevermind where to look for it or how to get it emailed to me. He always amazes me with what he comes up with when he searches the Internet, i.e. a free phone number that goes right to voicemail and then emails you the voicemail so we won’t have to have a phone in our new apartment. He also found a free fax number that people can fax to and then it’s emailed to you. And then there's the one that I use most. I’m not even sure what it’s called, but it’s software he downloaded that taps into the live feed from the website of my favorite morning show, records it, and then shuts the computer down afterwards! He’s wonderful! Anyway, back to the boating event. Well we never actually made it to the boating event because I fell asleep and while D tried to wake me up, he didn’t try too hard because he didn’t mind not going. No problem, we spent a nice relaxing mid afternoon lounging around trying to do as little as possible. Dave even turned on our local jazz station, WJJZ, which has become the other of the two radio stations we listen to here. I’m glad they, too, have live feed because we will be able to listen to it long after we leave the area. It was then that I heard my favorite song – favorite because it reminds me of us. D said I can’t put it on here because that’d be illegal, but I can still share the lyrics:
by Al Jarreau
It's like a diamond ring- It's a precious thing
And we never want to lose it
It's like a favorite song
That we love to sing
Every time we hear the music.
We're in this love together.
We got the kind that lasts forever.
We're in this love together
And like berries on the vine,
It gets sweeter all the time.
It's like a rainy night in candlelight
And, ooh it's so romantic.
We got the whole thing working out so right
And it's just the way we planned it.
We're in this love together.
We got the kind that lasts forever.
We're in this love together
And like berries on the vine,
It gets sweeter all the time.
We're in this love together.
We got the kind that lasts forever.
We're in this love together
And like berries on the vine,
It gets sweeter all the time.
You might recognize it if you watched American Idol because he (Al Jarreau) sang it with Paris at the Finale. It's much better if you hear the song versus reading the words, but so it goes. It still brings a smile to my face.
by Anonymous , on June 25, 2006 3:03 PM
I have always wanted to know how to pronounce Schuylkill--thank you! :D
Sara