I love David, you know that. But, well, he is a nerd. I think you know that, too. Now I have concrete evidence, if there was ever any lingering doubt.
Background: Dave uses Gmail as his email service and is really very into it because he uses it for much more then email. He is constantly fiddling around with its various features, lest he miss something important…or cool. And just to make sure that he never, ever misses anything, Dave actually subscribes to a Gmail podcast run by some random techie guy who is not associated with Gmail but who is also spellbound by its features (as if that wasn’t enough confirmation, there’s more!).
Evidence: One day, in the midst of fiddling, David discovered something about Gmail that he didn’t know existed (I didn’t believe it at first myself). After taking me through it step by step and not getting the desired/proper response (he lost me after his first sentence), he promptly emailed the guy whose Gmail podcasts he listens to on a regular basis and explained in careful detail what he had just discovered. That’s not all…
Overwhelming Evidence: The guy emailed him back and was very impressed by what D had to say (oh great!). He said he’d include this helpful finding in one of his upcoming podcasts. Well that day has arrived. If you click on the below link you will hear some ramblings, Dave mentioned by name, and then some more ramblings.
Do you think his head has shrunk yet? It hasn’t.
The Infamous Gmail Podcast
My BLOG has a new home!!
19 years ago
by Anonymous , on November 20, 2006 7:44 PM
My David, on the airwaves! Though the evidence DOES seem to overwhelming point to nerd status, he is still the sweetest, kindness nerd there is and one whom we are very blessed to have in our family. Love, mother-in-law of aforementioned nerd
by Anonymous , on November 20, 2006 8:55 PM
Bwahaha, Dave you are suuuuuch a nerd! But I love ya, man! See you soon...
by Anonymous , on November 20, 2006 10:33 PM
Ok, Dave - we officialy confer the degree of B.N. - Bachelor of Nerdism. Folks let's congratulate him on this great acheivement!
I will also admit that I too, do not have much room to talk.
by Anonymous , on November 21, 2006 8:32 PM
Congrats Dave! You're famous! For the record I think you're brilliant & not a nerd @ all!
by Eden , on November 21, 2006 10:13 PM
Great blog! Hey Jess, you should make it a series...like a monthly NERD update.
Anyway, being a nerd is better than being a geek or a dork.
Steve