Here's what we made the parents for Christmas...shhhhh!

1 tbsp. allspice
2 tbsp. cloves
1 tbsp. nutmeg
1 c. applesauce
***You can use just cinnamon and applesauce, instead of the other spices. Be sure to add an extra 4 tablespoons of cinnamon if you don't use the other spices.***
Mix dry ingredients. Add applesauce a little at a time. Mixture should have consistency of playdough. If too dry, add 1-2 tablespoons applesauce. If too sticky, sprinkle with ground cinnamon. Knead mixture into a ball. Roll 1/4 inch thick on ungreased surface. Cut with cookie cutters. Use a straw to make a hole in top of ornament for ribbon. Let dry at room temperature for a few days or bake at 200 degrees for 30-40 minutes and then let dry completely. Tie with ribbon. Yield 2 dozen.
My classroom smelled sooooo yummy for days!
by Eden , on December 17, 2007 9:46 PM
That's a fun project! We're actually making these tomorrow at the PWOC Christmas Tea Party. It's the craft that we're making! lol I'm so glad you posted the recipe because I'm going to save it as something to do possibly next year with Miss Olyvia around Christmas as gifts for her to give out.
See you in a few days.
by Mary , on December 17, 2007 10:14 PM
Cool idea! I've sometimes wondered how to make those edible ornaments, though I'm sure there are tons of recipes out there for them.
by Eden , on December 18, 2007 7:06 PM
I meant to tell you that we love Trader Joe's. I do alot of grocery shopping there.
by Sara , on December 19, 2007 8:33 AM
Mmm, those look yummy! Now you just have to make sure your kiddos don't eat them on the way home. ;)
See you SOON! :D!