I've never been a big celebrater(new word) of Valentine's Day. I am of the opinion that you should feel/be/show love every day, not just when the card-flower-candy industry tells you. But D was cute and mentioned that he wanted to make this Valentine's Day an extra-special one since it will be our last without the titles of "Mom" and "Dad." Not that our love will change, well it will probably grow stronger, but I thought it was sweet for him to a) remember VDay was coming up (because I forgot) and b) think that he should do something extra since we will be three next year.
We celebrated VDay on Friday night and Saturday. Friday night was my night. I came home to the smell of brownies baking (an integral part of my favorite dessert: brownie sundaes) and this cute little orgami heart made by my constantly-fiddling husband:
And then I got the best present ever: a one-hour massage complete with massage oil and warmed blankets. D knows how much I love massages (probably because he's always giving them to me!) and I was so excited that he decided to not only give me one for a VDay present, but he got all into it with the oil and the warm blankets and for an entire hour. It meant much more to me than the flowers or cards I thought I'd be getting!
Then, Saturday was David's turn. He's been wanting to go to this Persian restaurant in the city but we haven't gotten around to it, so I asked him if he wanted to go for VDay. Dumb question...of course he wanted to go. So we went. And he was thrilled to be there. We ordered hummus for an appetizer and it came with warmed pita bread. YUM. For entrees, D ordered lamb with basmanti rice and grilled veggies. I ordered a veggie pita wrapped stuffed with hummus, mushrooms, feta cheese, tomatoes, avocado, and spinach. YUM, YUM. I tasted D's rice, too, and that was the best rice I've ever had. We couldn't leave without ordering Persian tea, so D got the house tea (I'm not allowed to have tea at this point, so that's why I didn't get any). Our waitress was really friendly and we found out that she was from Tehran. D asked her where a good Persian market was located and she pointed us in the right direction. It was right in the heart of the Italian section of the city, which I found amusing, so we knew where it was. D bought some Ahmad tea from London because that's what the waitress told him he was drinking. He also bought a slice of walnut baklava. He was spoiled and happy.
So ended a truly memorable VDay celebration!
by Eden , on February 17, 2008 9:54 PM
How perfectly sweet! Glad you guys celebrated!!
by Anonymous , on February 17, 2008 10:18 PM
Sounds like a great Valentine's Day celebration! Hmmmm...maybe we can go to that Persian Restaurant when we come down for Dave's graduation??
Mom K
by Sara , on February 17, 2008 11:05 PM
Sounds like you both gave each other the perfect gifts. A 1-hr massage sounds divine! And it's neat that there's a Persian restaurant so close by. :)
by Mary , on February 17, 2008 11:25 PM
I think there's a House of Kabob somewhere around here. Josh and I'll have to go sometime. He enjoys Persian food. I think he actually likes lamb better than I do. I love the basmati rice, and we both love hummus :)
by Anonymous , on February 17, 2008 11:36 PM
What makes it all so nice is the obvious thought of the recipient
went into each of your gifts for the other. Both gifts were thoughtful and sweet, like the two of you. Pam & I will babysit Junior next year so that you can reenact this VDay celebration! Love, Mom F