Options:

Some Blog Changes...Obviously

As promised, a new blog title and layout has taken effect starting today. D thought I should explain our new title, so I will...kind of briefly.

Our lives have changed a bit drastically and there didn't seem to be one word that encompassed the few directions we will be going in, so D thought "moving on" simply and accurately described what we will be doing in general. More specifically:

  • We have moved out of PA, our home for the past four years. It wasn't hard because we were coming back to all of our friends and family, but it's still a big move. We are very excited about not having to make the four-hour trip anymore...we visited quite frequently and with gas and tolls and hours in the car, it just wasn't our idea of fun anymore. But we will miss the friendships we made and our little routines we had and the overall great time we had while there.
  • D has graduated medical school and has moved on to Doctor status. He's enjoying a few weeks off now, but he'll be transitioning from student to intern very shortly (and he'll be getting paid!!). From books to patients...I'd say that's quite the transition.
  • I am not teaching anymore, my last day was Monday. No more getting up and rushing out the door and rushing the rest of the day. I'm glad I was able to work, but I totally am not cut out for a 9-5 job and am quite happy about staying home with our baby. I have a tutoring business plan in the works, but I won't be doing that for a long while. So I have moved on from teaching.
  • And we are both moving on from married couple status to married couple with a baby status, aka being parents. That won't officially happen for a few more months, but D is already a great daddy...reading our pregnancy book, going to dr appointments, wanting to feel the baby move, talking to the baby, giving his opinions on stuff in the baby dept, and always helping me with things and telling me how beautiful I look. I, simply, endure the CONSTANT kicking and flipping and punching that this child loves to engage in. I love it and think it's quite funny the personality that is already shining through, but when I'm up from 5:20am to 7:20am with a tummy in constant motion, one can get a little...tired. Fortunately, I can also sleep in til 10am so I can't complain too much.
So this is it. We are going to tweak a few things here and there over the next few days. With D being a computer nerd and all, everything has to be just so and I don't mind! We won't be changing the URL, so the address will remain the same for everyone's sanity. Off to continue the moving process by unpacking!

5 Comments so far »

  1. by Moz + Pam , on June 05, 2008 2:07 PM

    Love, love, love your new blog appearance! Great job on the title, too! Especially enjoyed today's blog entry or post! You two or should I say you three have so many good things to look forward to! God is certainly blessing your lives! ENJOY!

  2. by Anonymous , on June 05, 2008 2:41 PM

    Moving on....how apt. Though, I don't mind if you don't move on from my house for a little while .... a long while! Changes are always good when we initiate them! Love, Mom F

  3. by Sara , on June 05, 2008 3:29 PM

    Ooooooh, pretty! And Temple colors, too--no coincidence, I'm sure. ;) I like the new title. "Moving On" is perfect.

  4. by Mary , on June 05, 2008 5:33 PM

    The new layout looks very sharp. Tell Dave good job :)

    I'm not a 9-5 gal either. I like staying home and being a wife and mom. I don't know how some people (like my sister) handle home stuff and work stuff. It'd be way too much for my brain and my energy :)s

  5. by Steve and Eden , on June 06, 2008 10:31 AM

    Like the new blog look!

    So many new and exciting changes for the both of you! Enjoy!