Options:

Thanksgiving 2009

I have a lot more respect for people who prepare entire Thanksgiving dinners. I made stuffing from scratch, two green bean casseroles (made the cream of mushroom soup from scratch), a HUGE dish of apple crisp, and candied sweet potatoes, and I was worn out by our 1pm dinnertime! (I made Thanksgiving Morning Muffins, in addition to everything else, as a new tradition. I might make them the night before from now on!) But it was worth it, everyone seemed to enjoy the food...I certainly enjoyed all the food as evidenced by the two plate-fulls I had. Oh, D had this clever idea to video our day up until dessert. He videoed it all from his Mac:


After dinner, we just lounged around, visited with family, and relaxed! It was really nice; holidays are usually hectic, so it was a treat to lay down and rest for a bit before dessert! Especially with all the babysitters hanging around :)

Everyone left pretty early, so Dad, Mom, Ry, Yana, D, and I hung out for a bit. Micah was in bed by this point. We planned on sleeping over because Mom, Yana, and I were going to go shopping in the morning while Uncle RyRy, Grandpa, and M hung out. I eeked TWO episodes of MI-5 out of David before bed, although poor guy fell asleep halfway through the second one and we had to rewatch before we went on to the next episode a few days later. He also had to work the next day, which was a bummer, but someone had to! He's working Christmas morning, too, but took Christmas Eve off. Someone offered to switch with him: she'd work Christmas morning and D would work Saturday and Sunday mornings and she'd make up another short call later on. We agreed to leave it as it was, though.

Grammy said she'll give him some beginner lessons when he's a bit older. For now, he's practicing...

We found this wooden rocking horse on Craigslist for $25. He's loving it!

Lovin' Uncle Nick!

The proverbial rocking horse under the Christmas tree picture...

1 Comment so far »

  1. by Moz + Pam , on December 03, 2009 9:53 AM

    I LOVED the Thanksgiving Day video! Too funny! :)) That's a beautiful rocking horse you got for Micah! Too bad David has to work on Christmas morning! Bummer! Are you 3 coming over here sometime on Christmas Day? Sure hope so! :))