* M has been doing incredibly well both using the potty and sleeping in his big boy bed (we've been getting up between 8 and 8:30am). D doesn't like the potty we have for him ($5 at a tag sale, so much thought didn't go into it...) and I agree that it's poorly designed, especially for little boys. So we are probably going to be getting this model:
* That down there is my belly as of last week. It's safe to say I'm not getting any smaller. After this next appointment, I will be going weekly. The end of this pregnant belly is in sight! Baby is doing very well. She has started hiccuping on a regular basis and after a while, she gets annoyed and does this big roll to the other side of my belly. She's still very interactive when she hears voices near or feels a hand (or a seat belt strap...) on my belly. She'll go right to the side she hears/feels something and starts poking that bony heal everywhere. D has really got to see this in action the past fews nights because we aren't doing much other than sitting in this heat! During the times she is most active, my belly will literally bounce so much that D, who is looking straight ahead, will spot it out of his peripherial and turn to look. He then starts talking to the baby and will put his hand on my belly and they'll play for a few seconds. Exactly what she was looking for...attention. We are so excited to meet this little person(ality).
* D has his huge physics test next week and is so tired of studying. He has had a physics class every day for the past 14 months and is just getting sick of it. Don't blame him. He told me that the test is in the morning and he doesn't have to go back to work, so I'm taking him out to lunch when he's done (kinda like a date since M'll be napping at Mom and Dad's!). And when M gets up, we have plans to bring him to a relatively local fair to experience the rides, the food, and the ambiance of fall fairs that we enjoy so much. Should be a fun day...after the test, that is.
*The nesting phase of this pregnancy is going so well that D declared that I should get pregnant annually. For which he promptly got slapped. I have lots of piles that are disappearing and lots of lists that are all crossed out. I still have a few more piles and lists to go, but mainly it's packing for the hospital and the weeks we're at Mom and Dad's. We may be home on the weekends, depending on D's schedule, to give M some time at home (not that he cares, really) and to show him how it'll go with Baby there. If the back and forth is too much for everyone, we'll just hang at Mom's like we do a good portion of the week anyway! We are really blessed to have this much help, I wouldn't want to do it on my own (where's the fun in that?!) (and especially with D's crazy schedule) and I'm all about having my kids bond with involved family who love them and are good role models.
* An item or two on my remaining list involves putting together a few things for M while we're away from him. I think I'm going with the theme "God Made Me" since I can't help but think of that while this little (not so little?) life is growing inside of me! So I've made him a few books with pictures of him doing things he likes, a few pictures-of-him foam puzzles he can put together, and we got him a few fun things to do from the store that hopefully will occupy him for a minute or two and give Grammy and Grpa a rest! I still have to record the books on tape for him and do a few other little things, but I am having so much fun doing it. Throwback to my teaching days :).
* Just finished a great summer read and am about to start C.S. Lewis' Mere Christianity. Not exactly beach reading, but I'm sure I'll learn more from it.
My BLOG has a new home!!
19 years ago
by Mary , on September 03, 2010 11:54 AM
That's the potty we have for Matthew, and it's definitely designed for a boy :) We bought it at a garage sale for $1. Matthew's not into sitting on it right now. Esther's more interested in it, cause it's right at her level, and she can pull the bucket out really easy.
One night when Esther was really active in my belly, I caught some of it on video. You guys should try that if you get a chance.
It sounds like you are getting a lot done in these last few weeks. Good for you! I don't think I got that much stuff done when I was pregnant, but I'm sure you'll be glad you did it as you are recovering :)
by Moz + Pam , on September 04, 2010 6:33 PM
Can't believe you have just 6 weeks left! We can't wait to meet our latest grandbaby!