We went to a local pumpkin patch on Saturday to pick out a pumpkin for tonight's Pumpkin Carving Party at Ryan and Yana's. And I was secretly hoping the hayride would do something to spur on labor. It didn't. But M did pick out a very nice carving pumpkin, along with two little pumpkins and he also really enjoyed the hayride. We checked out a few books about pumpkins and how they grow from the library earlier in the week, so we had fun learning about what goes on in a pumpkin patch. His big joke was to point to some of the green ones there and said, "Pick?" with a mischievous grin because we talked about how we can't pick the green ones since they weren't ripe yet. Little stinker. At least he was paying attention!
The hayride was the least bumpy hayride I've ever been on and the weather was absolutely beautiful, which made our time at the pumpkin patch all the more enjoyable. The highlight of the whole trip for David was when a woman told me that it looked like I was smuggling a pumpkin out of the patch and that she'd cover it with no problem. During the summer, I swallowed a watermelon and now that it's fall, I guess it makes sense that I've now swallowed a pumpkin. She meant well and we all had a good laugh. After the pumpkin patch, we went down the road and got some apple cider donuts. Yum!

by Mary , on October 08, 2010 12:58 PM
Aw, he is handsome for sure!
Matthew went pumpkin picking with his cousing while I was flying to CT. I've been told he had a good time, but since I had the camera with me, I've gotta hunt down a family member to get the pictures they took that day :)
Love baby's carved pumpkin--what a cute idea!
by Moz + Pam , on October 08, 2010 5:49 PM
He sure is handsome!! I remember when Dave went to the pumpkin patch with his K-5 class!
by Steve and Eden , on October 10, 2010 3:12 PM
What fun!! love ya'lls pumpkins!
We're looking forward to going to the pumpkin patch here once it opens next week! It'll be fun!