Options:

Busy Thursday

Not exactly sure what went on Wednesday, but Thursday was a super-busy day. Mom and I met Kristina, Nick's fiancee, and some of her bridal party (and her mom) at Olive Garden for lunch. We got the endless soup, salad, and breadsticks and oh how yummy! After lunch, we met more of the bridal party across the way at David's Bridal for the purpose of choosing our bridesmaid dresses. Kristina didn't care what style we had, only that we had the same truffle-type color. We scoured the racks and tried on so many dresses. We all finally ended up picking the same dress because it fit everyone so well. It kills me to pay that much money for a dress I'll wear once, on top of doing the same thing for Ryan and Yana' wedding, but some things can't be helped. I'll probably end up getting one or both hemmed so I can wear them again. Anyway, here's some documentation of our dress-finding journey:



This dress was a possiblity, but it quickly found its way into the reject pile once we found the dress below.

Here's the dress we all loved! I'm in red because they didn't have another of the size I needed in brown, uh, truffle.


Here's what it'll look like all nicely tailored


That evening, Mom and I went to David's sister Mary's bridal shower at our church. The theme was Mickey and the church basement was decked out! I had a lot of fun being the scribe. I got to see the gifts up close and she got a lot of nice things!
A part of the cake (all these pictures are courtesy of my sister-in-law, Eden, the official photographer of the shower)

Mary's (and Dave's) sister Sara gave a devotional about being a mommy

Mary's opening and I'm scribing

3 Comments so far »

  1. by Sara , on January 08, 2008 9:12 AM

    Mmmm I love lunch at Olive Garden! We have a gift card for OG and I can't wait to use it. :)

    I love the dresses you all picked out, and I love it in the brown (sorry--truffle), red, AND yellow!

    Ha, I like how you call yourself the "scribe." But I guess it's fitting. Thanks so much for doing that!

  2. by Mary , on January 08, 2008 11:10 AM

    Yes, it was fun having you up there with me while I opened gifts. Thank you!

    I like Olive Garden too. I havne't been in a while. Hmm, maybe I need to tell Josh that I have a craving for it ;) Of course, he's been spoiled. Since I haven't really had cravings, I can't use them for my advantage when I want to :(

  3. by Eden , on January 09, 2008 4:35 PM

    OG is yummy!

    I love the dresses ya'll decided to go with! They are beautiful and you could save them to go to all the nice DR dinners that you will be attending with Dave.

    I can't wait until next year's AF ball. I can dress up and look nice next to my man in uniform! The AF does banquets and stuff that us wives are suppose to wear formals/semi-formal outfits to, as well.